Before I can tell you anything about mentors, gurus and flying solo analogies on your Internet Marketing experiences, I want to let you know a little bit of my background with Online Marketing, not much, just a tad.
First of all, I am still learning everything I can (do we ever stop?) and each day that goes by, does NOT goes by without me learning something new.
Whether is a new cool blog I find, a new strategy to apply, a new guru e-mail list to join… err, no, scratch that last one.
Whatever it is, I focus on not letting one single day go without learning something new.
Getting Started Online
So fast forward, I started my Internet Marketing adventure a little bit more than one year ago.
I was normally flying solo or in other words, doing my own thing without any direct advice:
- researching like crazy
- hopping from program to program
- joining a new thing every week
- trying to understand “bizops” (business opportunities)
- buying businesses in-a-box
- thinking I was ‘networking’ by adding unknown people to Facebook
- And a million more etc’s.
All sort of crazy stuff you can imagine.
And God, I was so naive. Continue Reading →