Well first things first, let’s define what the heck is a vlog.
A vlog is the shortened version for “video blog.”
And a video blog is nothing else than a blog that delivers the content strictly on video.
Easy peasy right?
Let’s get on with the actual content for this quick post.
Do you have Excuses or Results?
It’s not a secret that many marketers on the making are still struggling to keep themselves accountable with their online activities.
- Some people may have problems following through an entire training course
- Some others just can’t find the right time to do what they know they must do
- “It’s too technical”
- “I can’t afford it”
- “It takes a lot of effort”
All I hear is “blah, blah, blah” and the list goes on and on but in the end… All there is to it, is you either have excuses or results.
You can’t have both in case you didn’t know.
This is How You Fix it
I have found that whenever somebody uses the internet to keep themselves accountable, the chances of failing are reduced greatly.
Of course, you can STILL fail but having an accountable partner to help you out when you’re not feeling motivated has proven to work wonders.
In this fast-paced world that we currently live in, finding someone that can keep you accountable can be hard (nobody seems to have time).
So what do you do?
Use YouTube of course!
You don’t need to connect to anyone, just upload whatever your problem is and vlog away!
If you have a marketing-specific channel and don’t want to mix your challenge videos with your marketing promotions, then just get an extra gmail addres and that’ll get you a youtube channel (YouTube is owned by Google).
These are just a few benefits that video blogging (or vlogging) can help you out with:
- You will feel more comfortable in front of the camera sooner or later
- If you already do videos but they are just marketing oriented, your readers will get to know you a bit more (you’ll gain trust!)
- You will reach a wider audience and who knows, you may convert one of your viewers into a prospect (don’t be needy though, DO NOT try to sell)
- You’ll improve your likeability (if people can’t connect with you, they are more unlikey to buy from you)
- You’ll brand yourself a lot more even if you’re not talking about your niche (YOU start becoming the product, huge win!)
Of course there are many more benefits but these are the ones I can think of from the top of my head.
YouTube Vlogging Ideas
Whatever you are having problems with, upload it to YouTube and see if you get any views or comments.
Remember that you’re not aiming for YouTube Rockstar here, we’re just using YouTube to keep ourselves accountable that’s all.
Here are a few vlogging ideas:
- An exercise plan to lose weight, body fat or gain mass muscle if you’re into body building
- Getting rid of a compulsive disorder (i.e. gaming, eating chips, playing slot machines, etc)
- Controlling an eating/drinking disorder (drinking lots of soda, alcohol, junk food, etc)
- Creating a new information product (one a month, one every 15 days, etc)
- Preparing yourself to do something big (no need to climb the Everest, it can something as running or even walking a 5K race)
- It can be something totally related (or not) to your marketing activities
Just remember to be creative and don’t make it dead boring!
You don’t need to act like a clown either (but if that’s your cup of tea, then you can definitely go for it!).
Just make sure you are being YOURSELF at all times.
The people that decide to connect with you, will genuinely like you and that’s exactly what you need…
People that will root for you and keep you accountable.
Bringing Sexy Back
I really hate people that regurgitate content on their blogs and give advice that they don’t follow themselves.
To keep myself true to my core beliefs and apart from that kind of marketers, here’s the plan but I’ll keep it brief though.
I gained a lot of weight in the latest months because I just couldn’t afford the time to exercise (excuses).
It’s not like it’s a TON of extra kilos (or pounds) but I have never been this out of shape in my life and I’m starting to feel the consequences.
So this is my attempt to get back in shape and hopefully, a bit better looking for my girlfriend which I’ll be marrying next year.
I’m going to publish the videos on YouTube but I won’t be making a big deal out of it here on the blog.
In case you’re willing to see some lousy videos from a guy trying to lose some weight, then remember to subscribe to the youtube channel, I’m pretty sure it will be fun!
Beware: Not So Sexy Video
You’ve been warned… it’s not going to be pretty I tell you.
In the last part I say “weekend” don’t mind that, I always confuse myself with “week” and “weekend” LOL
The video was shot yesterday on September 10th. ;-)
Don’t worry, you won’t be seeing many more running or losing weight kind of videos around this place.
But this is exactly how you keep yourself accountable with youtube and get started with videos (if you’ve never done it before).
I wish you the best with your own challenge and remember to keep it fun and interesting.
Don’t worry about what people may think about you, just be yourself and don’t mind the rest.
Tip: Use a renaming system so when somebody lands on one of your videos, they immediately know they are watching one video that is part of many more.
You’ll get more views and kickstart some buzz if they become interested in what you’re doing.
- Video Challenge: Day 01
- Losing Weight Challenge: Week 01
Well you get the idea.
So there you have it, hope you enjoyed this and if you have any comments, please let me know below, have a great day! ;-)